Statement of Faith
The fundamentals of the Tuesday Night Bible Study Class are based upon the word of God.
1. We believe the Holy Scripture, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired word of God, the complete revelation of His will for the redemption of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in the one, true and living God, infinite in holiness, power, wisdom, righteousness, goodness, love and mercy, eternally existing in Three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross and shed His blood as atonement for the sins of men, and was raised bodily from dead. He ascended into heaven where He now intercedes for all who believe. He will come again to judge the living and the dead and to establish His eternal Kingdom.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, equal and co-exist with the Father and the Son. He convicts sinners, regenerates men, guides, teaches, rebukes, indwells, empowers, comforts, intercedes for believers, unites them into one body for godly living.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, sinless, and in fellowship with God, but in Adam all man have fallen into sin, and as sinners man are in need of God’s salvation.
6. We believe the penitent sinners who believe in the Gospel are regenerated by God and justified through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
7. We believe that there are two ordinances: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It symbolizes death to sin and resurrection to new life in Christ. The Lord’s Supper is the commemoration of the Lord’s death until He comes, and our continual fellowship with Him. It should be preceded always by careful self-examination and preferably after Baptism.
8. We believe that there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to eternal life, and of the unjust to eternal punishment.
9. We believe that the Church is the body of Christ of which Christ is the Head. The universal Church, which is invisible, consists of all those who have become children of God by faith. The visible Church is an association of the believers; voluntarily organized for worship, fellowship, evangelism and service.
Statement of Faith